Get Citavi to recognise text as a citation field
I'm not entirely sure how to formulate this, but here we go:
I would like to use Gingko as my writing tool. There is no integration with Citavi. I had this idea that if I could just copy the knowledge item, either from Citavi or from Word, and get the reference, the actual pointer, to be fully spelt out when I pasted it in Gingko, then perhaps when I exported from Gingko to Word for final write-up I could get Citavi to recognise the reference...link it again if that makes sense. So it would be pasted in my writing app as plain text, and when I export to Word I'd want to be able to convert these references to a Citavi field or something along those lines.
So workflow along these lines:
- Create knowledge item in Citavi
- Copy knowledge item including reference
- Paste into Gingko
- Write text almost entirely complete in Gingko
- Export text to Word for final checking and manuscript creation
- When opening in Word, have Citavi recognise my references as references in Citavi - even if that means clicking on each one to link it again somehow.
Difficult to explain, but does anyone understand what I mean, and have any ideas? :)