Word won't open trying to load add-in

Dorothee shared this question 2 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

For the past couple of months it happens every other week that when I try to open the Word desktop app (365) it gets stuck trying to load the Citavi add-in and won't open. After re-trying multiple times, it eventually shows an error message saying that it ran into a problem with the citavi add-in and it was therefore disabled in order to open Word. After I open Word then and enable the add-in again, it works for a while, but after a couple of days using it normally, I will run into the same issue again. I have no idea what the problem is, this is completely new, I never used to have this issue before. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

Doro

Replies (2)

photo

The same problem here with Office Pro Plus 2021. No solution, only removing Citavi and installing it again but only temporarly solutoin. Fix it plz. I can't work because of this problem.

photo

We're struggling with this too--But today I discovered that if I open the Word application using "Run as Administrator," the Citavi Word Add-In will appear in the Word top menu AND if I then open a Word file from WITHIN the Word application at that point, the Citavi Add-In menu option will continue to appear when working with that document file. Yet, all of this is lost when starting a new Word application session without first specifying "Run as Administrator"

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)