Conference date is not a date / How to create custom date format?

Maximilian shared this question 2 months ago
Need Answer

Hi, I'm currently writing a paper for a conference, who's asking for conferences to be cited in the format

Name, Location, yyyy, dd-dd MMMM

for example:

2020 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2020, 25-28 October

The problem I'm facing is that the 'conference dates' entry is not formattable as a date but just as plain text:

8096af71c48c0aebc8313aaa8924ebe1

Is there a method to create a custom date format? I know that there are some options for the 'access date' field, but those are not available for the conference dates.

Replies (1)

photo

The 'Plain' option that's shown in your screenshot doesn't refer to the field data type in the reference, it refers to the formatting of the text, ie. plain, bold, or italic.

To change the formatting for all dates, you could try to to go the Tools menu, then Options, then click on Formatting. You can specify a custom date format there.

If that doesn't work, I believe that the Conference dates field in the reference is probably just a string type, so you could just type the date there in your preferred format.

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)