How to migrate a table of references into MS Word

Markus shared this question 4 months ago
Need Answer

Hi everyone,

I have a comprehensive table (MS Excel) of references with additional information for a literature review. The table originates from a table export from Citavi. So all references are already in a Citavi project. The table also contains the "ID" field, which I suspect to be some kind of a UUID for each reference in the project.

Example:

Column headers: Reference, study data, study approach, study findings, ..., Citavi project reference ID

Row #01: Miller et. al. 2002, Dataset01, Approach01, very important findings, ..., some very long UUID

Row #02: ...

I want to copy this table into Word to become part of my own study. I would need to somehow convert all the references into proper Citavi citations, so they are linked to the bibliography of the study. For example, Miller et al. 2002 should be automatically be generated (perhaps based on the Citavi project reference UUID?).

Is there a proper way to automate this?

I was wondering if there is a way to (semi)automatically fill the Word calculated fields with a combination of the UUID and the options required (e.g. "Person only", "No parentheses", ...)?

Best,

Markus

Best Answer
photo

Hi,

there is probably no easy solution for this. The linking between Citavi fields and list of references is rather complex and depends on content controls with fields inside which carry all bibliographic information. While some functionality of the Citavi Add-In depends on the VBA macros in CitaviWordAddIn.docm, the actual handling is done by Citavi itself.

Best regards

Sebastian

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

there is probably no easy solution for this. The linking between Citavi fields and list of references is rather complex and depends on content controls with fields inside which carry all bibliographic information. While some functionality of the Citavi Add-In depends on the VBA macros in CitaviWordAddIn.docm, the actual handling is done by Citavi itself.

Best regards

Sebastian

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)