I Cannot Open My Project After An Update!

Zehy A. shared this question 10 months ago
Need Answer

I have been using Citavi 6.8 Free for about two weeks and it's going well.

However, recently I updated Citavi to the version 6.10 and I found that I cannot open my project.

When I tried to open my project, it gave me a messege saying "This project cannot be opened with your Citavi license". The "why not" refers to a page about "read-only" problem and useless to my problem.

I am sure that's not because my project, for it only have no more than 40 articles, and the same issue occurred when I tried to open the demo project.

The project contains very important data to me for my academy work and I seriously need a way to solve that problem.

Best Answer
photo

Maybe, that's my personal ticket so unviable. You'll see what's in that in the following picture.

You should start a ticket and ask the offical for an updated license lmao

I don't know why the offical only give the updated license to me instead of every free account.

Hope it will be helpful.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi, I have the same problem and it is very urgent. Would you mind to send another link bc the previous no longer works.

Thank you,

photo
photo

I have the sam probem and now I can't even see answers to this question

photo

I need access to my account because I am finishing my paper and I have no idea why it happened. When Ia ma clicking on the link from Zehy A. it's unviable for me.

photo

Maybe, that's my personal ticket so unviable. You'll see what's in that in the following picture.

You should start a ticket and ask the offical for an updated license lmao

I don't know why the offical only give the updated license to me instead of every free account.

Hope it will be helpful.

photo

Thanks, very helpful information:)

photo

I also have the same problem.Has everyone's problem been solved now?

photo

I also have the same issue. I had not seen this topic so I opened another one called 'Cannot open any project anymore' in the Bug category ; where someone told me that QSR has removed the "100 free" option. So no more free-Citavi I guess?

If someone has other informations, I'd be glad to hear about it too :)

photo

Hi, I just solved this problem. I uninstalled citavi6.10, and then I found the installation package of citavi6.8 on the computer and reinstalled it . Now, I can open my project.

photo

4b8e401b54f49c831c270cb78a9dda9c

This is the citavi6 installation package. You can try to find it on the computer.

photo

In addition, before uninstalling citavi 6.10, you need to know where your project is saved, so that you can open it with citavi 6.8 later

photo

In other words, you can use the previously used version

photo

That's one solution.

Another solution I've put in the picture about my personal ticket, plz read it.

Free version is still available, what really confuses me is that the offical decide to solve this problem by giving me instead of all accounts updated license to use it.

photo

Maybe in the next update, the official can fix this problem.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)