Searching in file names- And changing reference titles to file names

Al G. shared this question 3 months ago
Need Answer

Hello,

Hope you are well

I have a project where adding pdf files generated some general "Author" and "reference titles" for the papers attached different than "files names"[The original pdf file names in windows and in the "local file" panel]. I have two questions:

-Can I change the "title" to match the "local file name"? [I mean the opposite of "Rename files with Citavi short title..."]? Is it possible to apply these changes on multiple references at once?

-In general, there might be cases where reference titles are different than "local files names" [for example, if I attached more than one file with different names to the same reference]. Can I use advanced search to search for words in files names/titles?

Thanks for your great efforts

Kind regards,

Ali

Replies (2)

photo

Ok I found answer to the third question: To search in file names in advanced search, I need to select "Locations (my computer and local network)":

Still, if it is possible to answer the first two questions, this will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

photo

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your questions!

When importing PDF files, Citavi will set the "title" field as the file name only if there are no IDs (DOIs, ISBNs, etc.) in the file and if the metadata fields of the PDF file itself are empty. Please check the properties of the PDF file and delete the entries there. Then, repeat the import.

After the import, the file name cannot be automatically be used to fill in the "title" field.

Best regards,

Jana

photo

Thanks Jana for your clarification and fast response as usual

Kind regards,

Ali

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)