Knowledge elements get mixed up

Meredith S. shared this problem 5 months ago
NEW

Hi everyone,

when I close my desktop Citavi and then don't open it for a while (let's say 24h at least), upon reopening the knowledge elements are completely mixed up (within one subchapter). It's also not all knowledge elements of all chapters, but only ones in certain subchapters. I can't really remember when I first realized this but it's been happening for a few weeks now and I'm losing my patience. Also sometimes the structure remains the same when I close and reopen, but then at random it gets mixed up again.

It'd be great if someone could help me with this!

Thanks in advance.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi, Meredith

Could you please send me more details about your installation? To do this, open any project, go to Citavi's "Help" menu and select "Send support information". Click on "Copy to clipboard" and paste the content of the clipboard into an email to service@citavi.com mentioning forum post #174214. Thank you.

Best regards

Sebastian

photo

Hi, Meredith

we've been trying to reproduce this issue but to no avail. Are there any circumstances that also coincide with the changes in the order of the knowledge elements? I'm thinking of going offline (internet connection drops), error messages, anything of this kind?

Thank you.

Sebastian

photo

Hi Sebastian,

I do have those connection drops and also get error messages every now and then (generally that CITAVI is offline, no connection to the cloud, or a random attachment issue). I've also had the problem that importing a source from the internet with the picker froze CITAVI and I had to do a force shutdown (at least 10 times already). Those haven't affected the order though, at least not immediately or not that I have noticed. The last time I worked with it regularly (that was daily, so just closing at night, reopening in the morning), it was actually working fine. Now I haven't used it in two weeks and when I opened it, it was again all mixed up.

My internet connection is not very stable, but can that have any effect while the program is not in use? I also have 76 references right now and I'm using the free version.

Thanks for your support.

Br,

Meredith

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)