page range condition

Gherasim S. shared this question 16 days ago
Answered

Hello!

Could you create a condition for page quotation? For example, I need to insert the section numbers after the title, not at the end. But the page number to be at the end of the footnote. So different orders in the footnote, according to the type of „page range”.

for Example:

[1] Sf. Dionisie Areopagitul, Despre Ierarhia Bisericească, § II–III, în: id., Opere complete și scoliile Sfântului Maxim Mărturisitorul, Constanța Costea (ed.), Paideia, București, 1996. (section numbers)

[2] Pietro Sorci, „Mystère Pascal”, în: Domenico Sartore, Achille M. Triacca, Henri Delhougne (eds.), Dictionnaire encyclopédique de la liturgie, vol. 2, Brepols, Turnhout, 2002, pp. 70–71. (page numbers)

Thanks you in advance,

Gherasim

Comments (1)

photo

Hi Gherasim,

Thanks for your questions.

You can use the script TXY022 Field "Page Range" has certain Numbering Type, see our German Description including a link to our English manual.

Best regards

Susanne

photo

Thank you!

However, is not clear where can I find the new condition, to put the „Page range” field in different places of the template, according to page range type. Or which are the steps?

I insert the newscript. The component coloured in yellow.

Files: 111.jpg
photo

Hi Gherasim,

Thanks for your question.

In the description of the script, there was unfortunately a wrong instruction linked, please excuse me. (The script is not a component script, which is why it cannot be used there. Instead, you would have to create a new programmed template condition.)

Please remove the skript from the component. Then follow these steps to create a new programmed custom condition:

http://www.citavi.com/creating_custom_templates

Best regards

Susanne

photo

Thank you again! It seems to be very close to the solution, but which is the combination of the codes to insert there? There is no specific condition for the type of the page range. Is just „page range missing”.

Please help me to deal with this.

photo

Hi Gherasim,

Thanks for your question.

Please follow these steps:

1. Open your citation style using the citation style editor, see, see manual.
  2. Switch to the desired reference type. In the relevant rule set, click in the default template (or another condition), and click Template > New in the menu above.
  3. Click Programmed custom conditions available in current citation style.
  4. Click Program a custom condition. This will open the macro editor in the Citation Style Editor.
  5. Delete the displayed script and add the script TXY022 Field "Page Range" has certain Numbering Type, see our German Description including a link to our English manual.
  6. Enter a name in the Name field, for example: Field "Page Range" has Numbering Type "XY".
  7. Click Compile to make sure that the condition is working correctly. No errors should appear in the Error list.
  8. Click Save to close the macro editor.
  9. Select the checkbox next to the condition in the Template Conditions selection window. Close the window by clicking OK.
  10. The new template will appear in the current rule set. You can now drag the relevant components from the component palette on the left side to the new template.
  11. Save the modified citation style.

To use the style in Word: On the Citavi ribbon, click the name of the currently selected Citation style. Select your modified Citation style.

https://www1.citavi.com/sub/manual6/en/101_creating_a_publication_with_word-04.png

Best regards

Susanne

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)