Macro to change all Yellow Highlights to Knowledge Items

Thalles C. shared this question 7 months ago
Need Answer

Hello!

I would like to know if is there is a way (possibly a macro) to bulk convert all PDF yellow highlights to knowledge items, instead of do this manually?

Thank you in advance

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

You can find a macro in our German user forum: https://help.citavi.com/topic/citavi-makro-zitat-typ-für-mehrere-wissenselemente-ändern

Please use an translation service in your browser to follow the steps.

Thank you and kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi Jana,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I have implemented the shared code in the topic, and i can loop through the yellow quotations and convert to a knowledge item successfully. Now they are in the knowledge item list, however the "title" and "text" stays empty.

photo

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

The macro can only change the type of the knowledge item, but not its content.

Only direct quotations have entries in the "text" field.

You would have to copy the texts manually.

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi Jana,

Again, thank you for your great support.

I may be wrong, but i think that yellow highlights are not yet considered knowledge items until you choose to create one based on selected text (maybe are annotation type objects?).

If i could find a way to extract the associated/marked text in yellow highlights, i can write additional macro code to create new knowledge items associated with the reference (i saw some great codes and addonsi n the forum to do this).

Anyway, I am very grateful for your help, and I don't want to bother you so much about it, if you think that kind of change is too complicated I will keep manually creating knowledge items from the highlight texts

photo

Hi,

Thanks for your friendly reply.

You are right that the yellowhighlights are not really considered as knowledge items.

Yellow hightlights can be saved one after the other as knowledge item, e.g. direct quotation. Then, the text will be include.

I have added your suggestion, to convert multiple yellow highlights to knowledge items to our internat list of suggestions for future versions of Citavi.

Kind regards,

Jana

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)