Citavi ignore previous references and act to them as normal text and start again from one

Wria M. shared this question 7 months ago
Answered

when I referenced in MS, it works fine, but after two or three days ( after several restarting my computer), it ignores previous citation and restart again from one. I want to keep continue to 3 in example.

6f457d1818dd50595fc47008a29628cd

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Wria,

The problem will be caused by the fact that the fields inserted by Citavi's Word Add-In were once converted into document.

There can be several reasons for this:

• The file was once saved in ODT, DOC, or RTF format.
  • The file was once edited with LibreOffice, OpenOffice, Word for Mac or an older Word version.
  • The command was executed to convert all fields inserted by Citavi's Word Add-In into document.

However, there must still be a Word document that contains all the fields. Citavi automatically makes backup copies of your Word file as long as there are still Citavi fields in it. You would have to fall back on these files to insert fields again or to refresh the bibliography. The backup copies automatically created by Citavi can be found in the following folder: C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Citavi 5\Backup\[your project]\[Word filename].

Kind regards,

Peter

photo

Thank you so much, the problem is I used .ODT format. Problem Solved.

photo

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the good news.

Have a nice day. Kind regards

Peter

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)