Cross-Project sync/link

José G. shared this idea 8 months ago
Under Consideration

Hi everybody,

Cross-project interaction has been a fairly common topic proposed by other users (feel free to check them)

However this begs the question if implementing cross-project features the would bypass free account limitations? and might this be delaying such ideas?

Regardless, I would propose more simpler/short termed features:

• Syncing list of keywords, categories and groups between projects (since import/export tools already exist)
  • Mother/Hub project. essentially have a project that collects/links knowledge items and (in the future) references without physically importing them. (Automatic Sync could be customizable based on user's keywords or ref. parameters)

Best Regards,

José

Replies (1)

photo

Hi, José

Thank you for your ideas, I've added them to our internal wishlist.

Unfortunately, these ideas are not necessarily technologically simpler than farther-reaching multi-project approaches. With all these syncing features the devil is in the details:

* How do multi-user projects integrate in such a framework?

* Is it possible to this with local, Citavi Cloud and Citavi for DBServer projects?

* How are conflicts handled?

While we strive for an overarching solution for this popular feature request, I currently can't say when Citavi will move forward in that direction.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a more concrete response.

Best regards

Sebastian

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)