same author in multiple citation

Sok G. shared this question 54 days ago
Need Answer

Hello!

When I need to insert multiple citation with the same author, different works, how could I avoid the repetition of the author.

For Ex: instead:

CHIRIL AL IERUSALIMULUI, Catecheses mystagogicae quinque, coll. PG 33, J. P. Migne (ed.), Paris, 1886; CHIRIL AL IERUSALIMULUI, Catéchèses mystagogiques, coll. Sources Chrétiennes 126, trad.: Pierre Paris, P.S.S., Cerf, Paris, 1966; CHIRIL AL IERUSALIMULUI, Cateheze, Ed. Institutului Biblic și de Misiune Ortodoxă, București, 2003.

I need:

CHIRIL AL IERUSALIMULUI, Catecheses mystagogicae quinque, coll. PG 33, J. P. Migne (ed.), Paris, 1886; Idem, Catéchèses mystagogiques, coll. Sources Chrétiennes 126, trad.: Pierre Paris, P.S.S., Cerf, Paris, 1966; Idem, Cateheze, Ed. Institutului Biblic și de Misiune Ortodoxă, București, 2003.

Is there an option in citation style, for the author, to format using option 1, 2, 3, but it doesn't have any effect.

Additionally, if I complete, for an author, just the "last name" field, and I choose "small caps" option for this field, it doesn't take effect. instead, having other field completed, it take effect.

ex> Augustine d'Hippone, Sermons... - here, the entire name of the authos is in last name field, because I need it all with small caps.

St. AUGUSTIN, .... - here, just ``Augustin`` is in the last name field.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Best Answer
photo

Hello Sok,

Thank you very much for your files.

I will come back to your points in the following:

1) I need to avoid repetition of the entire reference, and keep just the page numbers in multiple citation with the same author, same work consecutively.

In this video, we show you how to enter multiple page numbers for the same reference.

2) I need small caps also for an author for which just the "last name" field is filled.

If you do not enter a first name, Citavi recognizes your entry as an organization. Please set in your citation style to also use small caps for institutions. You will find this option on the bottom when you edit the "Author, editor or organization" component, pleas see screenshot:

/faf557d3240fb5f8b43813af2181aee1

3) Multiple citation, same author, different works: I need to avoid repetition of the author.

Please untick this option in the same component:

/831bc53ad4ec1a6b067c5fd528a94938

Kind regards,

Jana

Comments (2)

photo

Hello Sok,

Thank you for your message.

Which citation style did you choose in your Word document?

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Citation Style:

Revue d'histoire littéraire de la France (but I modified it)

I send you a sample of a document word, associated with another request.

Thanks.

photo
photo

Hello Sok,

Thank you very much for your files.

I will come back to your points in the following:

1) I need to avoid repetition of the entire reference, and keep just the page numbers in multiple citation with the same author, same work consecutively.

In this video, we show you how to enter multiple page numbers for the same reference.

2) I need small caps also for an author for which just the "last name" field is filled.

If you do not enter a first name, Citavi recognizes your entry as an organization. Please set in your citation style to also use small caps for institutions. You will find this option on the bottom when you edit the "Author, editor or organization" component, pleas see screenshot:

/faf557d3240fb5f8b43813af2181aee1

3) Multiple citation, same author, different works: I need to avoid repetition of the author.

Please untick this option in the same component:

/831bc53ad4ec1a6b067c5fd528a94938

Kind regards,

Jana