Citavi cannot connect to citavi cloud.

Fatih ç. shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

Hello.

I am getting the connect error on Citavi 6.3., which I have been using without any problems until last night. I checked my proxy settings and firewall. There is no problem. What do I have to do in this situation?

/14d88d6b09077dd016831d495a71cf38

Best Answer
photo

Hello Susanne,

Please follow these steps:

1. Exit Citavi. (Your latest changes are in the project cache or changemap file).
  2. Locate the "ProjectCache" folder by pressing Windows Key +R on the keyboard. A Run dialog will open.
  3. In the Run dialog box, type in: %localappdata%\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\
  4. Rename the "ProjectCache" folder to "ProjectCache-BAK".
  5. Start Citavi.
  6. On the Welcome Screen, click the login symbol on the upper right corner.
  7. Select "Log out".
  8. Click the login symbol on the upper right side again.
  9. Login again using your Citavi Account login name and your password.
  10. Citavi should now have contact with the server again.

I would be pleased if you could briefly confirm that my solution proposals helped you to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Peter

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Fatih,

Would you please install the update to the current version of Citavi (6.7 [Build 6.7.0.0])? If you don't see an automatic update notification in Citavi, you can download the Setup from https://www.citavi.com/download. Double-click the Citavi6Setup.exe file to start the installation.

Your Citavi projects, license key, and settings will not be affected by the update, and it's not necessary to uninstall Citavi before installing the update.

After installing the update, the connection to the cloud should work again.

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Now I can't see my projects in the cloud. No connection to the cloud

/226c78ff0efe68ef9d1801252b3fe143

photo

Hello Fatih,

Thanks for your screenshot. I can see that Citavi 6.3 is still installed. There is currently a connection issue with this old version, our developers are working to fix it.

As the update was not installted successfully, please uninstall Citavi and install the update again.

Your projects, citation styles, Word documents will stay untouched.

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi, I am using Citavi 6.8.0 and I have the same issue. I tried to import a local file into a reference and got the failure message that Citavi cannot connect to the cloud.

I tried it with other documents - same isse.

I tried the update button but it says I have the newest version installed. Could you help me with this? Thank you, Susanne

photo

Hello Susanne,

Please follow these steps:

1. Exit Citavi. (Your latest changes are in the project cache or changemap file).
  2. Locate the "ProjectCache" folder by pressing Windows Key +R on the keyboard. A Run dialog will open.
  3. In the Run dialog box, type in: %localappdata%\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\
  4. Rename the "ProjectCache" folder to "ProjectCache-BAK".
  5. Start Citavi.
  6. On the Welcome Screen, click the login symbol on the upper right corner.
  7. Select "Log out".
  8. Click the login symbol on the upper right side again.
  9. Login again using your Citavi Account login name and your password.
  10. Citavi should now have contact with the server again.

I would be pleased if you could briefly confirm that my solution proposals helped you to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Peter

photo

Hi Peter, thank you. I seems to be working again :) I had tried the previous advice of logging out and in and that worked before I saw your reply. I save your solution in case the problem returns :) Thank you, Susanne

Replies have been locked on this page!