A problem with adding PDF through the Chrome picker

ElSayed M. shared this question 7 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

When I open a PDF in the web, the Citavi picker does not recognize it as a pdf! Usually, I have the two options of "settings and Run Citavi".

The Picker symbol in the menu bar often does not recognize some PDF files. It shows "add webpage as a reference". I used to refresh the page 3 or 4 times until the picker recognizes it is a PDF file, not a webpage. It works after refreshing multiple times.

Can you help with that? I work with local projects with the last Citavi beta version.

ElSayed -

Comments (11)

photo

Hi ElSayed,

Thank you for your message.

Kindly send us a link to a PDF file which the Picker does not recognize.

In which browser do you use the Citavi Picker?

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi,

For example this file or this. When i try to access them by my university subscription, the picker doesn't recognize them once they are open in the browser.

I use Chrome.

photo

Hi Elsayed,

Thank you for your reply.

I found the following Open Access article from the same publisher which was successfully recognized as PDF.

Can you please tell me the version number of your Chrome Picker installation ? You can find the information here: chrome://extensions/

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi Jana,

Thanks for following up. The version of the picker is 2020.9.7.13

photo

Hi Elsayed,

Thank you! You are using the current version of the Chrome Picker with which we could not reproduce the issue.

Do you have any additional add-ons installed in your browser?

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Morning Jana,

Yes i have many add-ons installed in my browser. I have ad-blocker, dictionary, and note-taking extensions in Chrome. Might the problem be related to any of them?

ElSayed

photo

Hi Elsayed,

As we cannot reproduce the issue and have not heard from other users so far, could you please deactivate one add-on after the other and check the behavior of the Citavi Picker again?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi,

After disabling some add-ons, the picker works perfectly!

photo

Hi Elsayed,

Thanks for the good news! May I ask which other add-ons you have deacivated? We will then check what we can do.

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

I deactivated Zotero, Block Site, Diigo Web Collector add-ons.

photo

Thank you, ElSayed!

Have a nice day.

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)