Merging files with copy-paste

Bozhidar I. shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hello, I have a few Word files, different parts of one cohesive text, which I need to merge into one file. I imagine doing this with copy-paste. However, upon pasting into the new word location, the references, which are available in the source file, do not trigger the creation of a bibliography below the text. They remain within the text body, but there is no automatically generated Citavi bibliography below. Is there a way to do that?

Comments (2)

photo

Hello

When you copy and paste text within a Word file or between two Word files, Citavis Word Add-In cannot yet detect these new fields. You must first update your citations and bibliography manually on the Citavi ribbon by clicking Refresh: https://www.screencast.com/t/rhwvYhQUNCog [Screenshot]

Kind regards,

Peter

photo

It seems it might be a glitch for some of my files, because for others it actually worked even without a refresh and it generated the bibliography. But I'll have it in mind. Thank you very much for the quick response.

photo

Citavis Word Add-In loses the field information if you paste the clipboard contents with this option:

31efca7b-cbc9-452c-8bf7-52f661362f06

... but you probably didn't do that, did you?

photo

No, I did it just with the regular paste, keeping source formatting even. It didn't work with neither of the options, but copying from another file it worked even automatically. Perhaps because the file was edited by a user after me (revisions) who doesn't have Citavi panel installed,so perhaps this "broke" the connections, leaving the source file somewhat modified..

photo

If you pass on your Word file to a third party, I would like to recommend that you point out these tips to your proofreader:

https://www1.citavi.com/sub/manual6/en/index.html?proofreading-tips.html

Kind regards,

Peter

photo

Thank you so much, this is really helpful!

photo

You are welcome! Have a nice weekend 🌞

photo