References categories is organised, but how?

Mehmet K. shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

This picture is captured from your video.

References is organized. but how?

/cc8cf3d3ddea67ea986e05da5854ae06

This picture is captured my project

/c28bf69a801638dab861ea472e0e3d4e

Best Answer
photo

Hello,

you might organize your references by adding them to specific categories within your project (not in Word). The easiest way to do this, is by drag and drop as shown in this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/hEZobS1jBTe

Afterwards, you are going to see the references for each category in the Word Add-In. Within the categories, the references are sorted alphabetically.

/0f138550fe258f806ac19896efdeaf28

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,

Anne

Comments (8)

photo

Hello,

you might organize your references by adding them to specific categories within your project (not in Word). The easiest way to do this, is by drag and drop as shown in this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/hEZobS1jBTe

Afterwards, you are going to see the references for each category in the Word Add-In. Within the categories, the references are sorted alphabetically.

/0f138550fe258f806ac19896efdeaf28

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,

Anne

photo

Hi Anne,

Thanks your answer.

But, this path is really difficult considering there are so many references and lots of knowledge items from each reference. When categorizing knowledge items from a reference, it should be able to automatically assign the reference to that category.

photo

Hello,

There is a macro available, to assign categories etc. of knowledge items to references or vice versa (I am sorry, the description is only available in German). You can find the CS-file attached. The settings mentioned in the description are already included in this file:

fc5d788119a13b41d13c26c67fc6c25a

Here you will find the information on how to run a macro in Citavi. If you need other settings, please change them in the corresponding lines of the macro.

Important: Back up your project before running a macro on it, as the changes can not be undone!

Best regards,

Anne

photo

Hi Anne,

This is the easyest and the perfect way.

Thanks your best answer.

photo

How many times can I run the macro in a project?

I think one times.

photo

Hello,

You can run the macro again. However, it will only have an effect when new references and knowledge items have been added. Or if you have changed or added categories of the existing knowledge items.

Best regards,

Anne

photo

Thanks, Anne.

1eae1394d97e82c6a1a026d4eca891d4

photo

I am glad if I could help. What wonderful flowers! Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)