Merging two reference lists in the same document

andrea c. shared this question 13 months ago
Need Answer

Hi! Some time ago, I created a Word document associated with a Citavi 5 project. All citations with hyperlinks and the reference list looked just fine. Now I re-opened this doc file and I am in the process of updating it with new text and citations. Under this purpose, I have imported new references to the same Citavi project and inserted the corresponding citations in the old Word file. However, a totally new reference list has been created at the end of the document including the recently-imported publications. Now I have two reference lists which I am not able to combine. Also, it seems that the first (former) list has lost its format. I mean, the text does not have the gray highlight as usual. In contrast, the second (new) list has it. When clicking to the "refresh" option of the Word Add-In, there is no change. What should I do to have an integrated reference list with the old and new citations? Thank you in advance for your help.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your question.

In case you do not see your previous references on the "Citations" tab of the Word Add-in, they have been (accidentally) converted to plain text. We have covered your question in this video.

Please restore a backup of your Word document in which the fields are still active.

Kind regards,

Jana

Leave a Comment

Attach file (NO confidential documents!)