Importing folders as categories?

ElSayed M. shared this question 3 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I am trying to import a group of folders as categories into Citavi. I installed the add-on and restarted the program. When I click on the option on the References menu, nothing happens, no windows pop-up. What is the solution for that?

Moreover, after I select a category, when I drag a file into it, the imported PDF is saved in the import group column, not in the selected category. How to navigate through this?

Best, ElSayed

Comments (5)

photo

Hi ElSayed,

Thank you for your message.

A new window should open to choose the folder.

As we have updated this add-on recently, could you please let me know the version of Citavi you’re using? The four-digit version number of the Citavi version you have installed can be found in the "Help" > "About Citavi" menu or in the left lower corner on your Citavi Welcome screen.

Please also let me know the version number of the add-on. You can see it if you click Tools > Manage add-ons > Installed (on the bottom right).

Concerning you second question:

During the PDF import, it is not possible to automatically assign a category. The new reference will have no categories assigned. Please add the new reference to the desired category be dragging and dropping the reference on it, please see screenshot 6 here in our manual.

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Hi Jana,

The number of my Citavi version is: 6.5.0.0

The add-on number is: 1.0.0.8

Please let me know your reply,

ElSayed

photo

Hi ElSayed,

Thank you for your reply.

This add-on version should already be working again.

Could you please remove the add-on using the add-on store and install it again in Citavi?

Does it work now?

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

It works now thank you. However, while importing a folder (that contains other folders and/or separate PDFs files), not all files therein are imported to Citavi!

It looks like the easiest to do it manually!?

photo

Hi ElSayed,

Did the folders contain other file types than PDFs? This add-on can only import PDF files automatically.

Kind regards,

Jana