Quotations & Comments not in page order

Michelle B. shared this question 4 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

My quotations/comments are not longer being shown in page order. For example, the pages for my most recent notes are ordered: 244; 245-7; 242-243. I've tried taking the page numbers out and putting them back in again, but the issue is persisting.

Thanks,

Michelle

Comments (5)

photo

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your message.

Please enter the whole page range in the field, e.g. "245-247".

For quotations that are not sorted correctly on the "Quotations & Comments" tab, please change the page type to "Pages" and the numeral system to "Arabic numerals":

/ecab8970cc659d24f3de78c8044b2ee8

Kind regards,

Jana

photo

Thanks, Jana.

Strangest thing: most were assigned to 'Arabic numerals' but the out of place ones were assigned to 'None'. I don't remember changing them, but it's easy to click on something you shouldn't have. Your solution worked a treat, though, so thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

photo

Hi Michelle,

I am glad that changing the numeral system helped! For entries other than a page range e.g. "215-216" or just a page like "216", Citavi cannot determine the numeral system and assumes that you would like to export the page range in Word as entered. The numeral system "None" is assigned automatically.

This leads to the side effect that on the "Quotations & comments" tab, those quotations with the "None" numeral system are sorted differently.

Best regards,

Jana

photo

Hi Jana.

Your response has also enabled me to solve another query I had about how to correctly order preface notes. All beautifully ordered now!

Thanks.

Best regards,

Michelle

photo

Hi Michelle,

Great, I am happy that everything is now ordered.

Kind regards,

Jana