After updating Citavi, you receive the error message "The Word Add-In version differs from the Citavi version. Please repair the Citavi installation." when you open the Word Add-In.
First, compare the Word Add-In's version number with the version number in Citavi:
The Citavi version number can be found under Help > About.
The version number in the Word Add-In can be found on the Citavi tab under About.
The version numbers should be the same and should ideally both be the most current version. Under www.citavi.com/download you can find out which version of Citavi is the current version. If you're not working with the current version, you can download the Setup for the update there as well. Your settings and projects will not be affected by the update.
If the Word Add-In is older than the Citavi version, uninstall the Word Add-In and then install it again:
- Switch to the Windows Control Panel.
- Click Programs and features.
- Select Citavi 6.
- Click Change. The Citavi Setup starts.
- Click Next.
- Select Modify and then click Next again.
- Click the symbol next to Word Add-In and then select This feature, and all subfeatures, will not be available.
- Click Next and continue through the Setup.
- Start Word and close Word again.
- Repeat steps 4-8, but select This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive instead.
Make sure that the installation was successful by comparing the version numbers again.