As a Citavi site license user, you are automatically entitled to a license for the most current version of Citavi. From February 2018 this will be Citavi 6.
You may, however, be forced to use an earlier version of Citavi, due to, for example, using Windows XP ( security warning) which only supports Citavi 3, or individual members of your team not being authorized to install software. In these cases it may be necessary to use Citavi 5, 4, or 3.
Your Citavi Account allows site license users to request license keys for previous Citavi versions:
- Log in to your Citavi account under citavi.com/login.
- Click New License at the bottom of the page.
- Select Request a license key for an earlier version of Citavi (screenshot).
- Select the version you want to use.
- Copy the license key to the clipboard.
Citavi 5, 4, and 3 require the following steps to enter your license key:
- Start Citavi.
- On the Welcome Screen, click License.
- Click Enter a license key.
- Confirm the license agreement and click Finish.
- Citavi will automatically recognize and enter the license key.