Firefox disabled the Picker with the message "Citavi Picker could not be verified for use in Firefox."
Firefox Version 43 and later blocks the installation of unverified add-ons.
In Citavi 5.2 and later the Picker for Firefox is verified. If you still receive the message above if you're working with a later version of Citavi, your Picker failed to update.
Please take these steps:
- Uninstall the Picker for Firefox via the Windows Control Panel (see below).
- Download the Picker from the Mozilla store:
Click Add to Firefox > Install > Restart Firefox.
To uninstall the Citavi Picker:
- On the Windows Control Panel, click Programs and features > Citavi [Version]
- Click Change. The Setup Assistant appears. Click Next.
- Select Modify, and then click Next.
- Click the hard drive icon next to Picker for Firefox and select the option This feature will not be available:
- Click Next and continue through the Setup Assistant.