You opened a Citavi 5 project with Citavi 6. When you try to close the project, you see the following error message:
412: The project could not be saved
Every Citavi project contains multiple lists (see screenshot below). In at least one of these lists there's at least one duplicate entry that is causing this error to occur.
Merge the duplicate entries.
You can use our macro to search for duplicate entries. The macro creates a text file that shows you the names of the duplicate entries, for example:
Duplicate Person: Zahi Hawass Duplicate Periodical: Journal of Ancient Egyptian Interconnections Duplicate Periodical: Vegetation History and Archaeobotany Duplicate Publisher: Archaeopress Duplicate Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Download the C6_Find_All_Duplicates.zip file.
- Extract the zip file by right-clicking it and selecting Extract all.
- Open your local Citavi 6 project.
- Click Tools > Macro Editor.
- In the Macro Editor, on the File menu, click Open.
- Select the C6_Find_All_Duplicates.cs file.
- Click Run.
- If the macro finds duplicates, click Yes in the notification window.
- Select a location to save the file.
- Open the file with a text editor, such as Notepad. The file name will be in the format Find_Duplicates_Result_xx-xx-xxxx xx-xx-xx.txt (x stands for the date and time).
- For each entry in the file, open the corresponding list in Citavi. For example, if an entry has "Duplicate Person", open the Persons and organizations list in Citavi.
- Select the duplicate entries and click Merge (see the Citavi manual).
- Upload the project to the cloud again.