You attempted to save your local project in the Citavi Cloud but received the error message 407 or 416: The project could not be saved.
Your project contains a very large category system (for example, over 1000 categories).
Reduce the number of categories (for example, by splitting the project into multiple projects.
Alternatively, add a value to the Window Registry that lets your project be loaded in the Cloud in smaller packets. Follow the steps below (see these steps in a video):
- Start the Windows Registry Editor: Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar. Enter "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the search field. Then, click the search result (screenshot).
- Search for the following key:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\
or if using a 64-bit Windows version (how to tell if you're using a 32-bit or 64-bit version)
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\
- Add a new subkey by right-clicking the "Citavi 6" folder and then clicking New > Key. Rename the key to "Settings" (without quotation marks).
- Right-click the new key and then click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Enter DetachableEntitiesChunkSize as the value name, enter 500 in the value data field and select Decimal.
- Save your changes.
- Repeat the upload of the local project to the cloud.