To use all of the features in Citavi 6*, you will need to log in with your account information. On the Welcome Screen, click the login icon in the upper-right corner:
You should see the following window:
Login attempts can fail for a number of reasons.
- Login window only shows two logos and a white background
- Very small text, fields, and buttons
- Login window only shows background image
- Buttons and/or text field labels are missing
- Warning: "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"
- Warning: "Can't connect securely to this page" / "This program cannot display the webpage"
- Warning: "The webpage cannot be found - HTTP 400"
- Warning: "An error has occurred. Refreshing page." / Citavi Beta: After logging in, only an account window with your license data is shown
- Warning: "A connection to the Citavi Cloud could not be established. The project could not be opened." / After logging in, only an account window with your license data is shown
- Your system administrator blocked the account login
We recommend that Windows 7 users check for and install all outstanding updates.
*) Account login is necessary for saving projects in the cloud. In addition, you need a license if you want to work with more than 100 references in a project. Citavi retrieves this license from your account.