After starting Microsoft Word you do not see the Citavi tab.
If you see the tab, but it appears greyed out, please try the solutions in this article.
Before checking the points below, make sure that you are working with the latest version of Citavi. In Citavi on the Help menu, click Check for updates. If an update is available, install the update and then check if the Word Add-In appears.
You can also check here to see if a beta version is available that contains a bug fix for the issue you are experiencing.
We offer a tool to help you locate and correct the cause of the Word Add-In problem.
Wrong version of Word
- You are using Microsoft Office from the Microsoft Store [common]
- You are using Office 2010 Starter (Click-to-Run)
- The Word Add-In was not installed
- You upgraded your Office version after installing Citavi [common]
- Antivirus software prevented the Word Add-In from being installed
- McAfee prevents Word from starting
- Two versions of Office are installed on your computer
- Uninstalling one version of Office damaged the remaining Office version
- Incorrect registry value