With the Citavi Assistant you can insert references, quotations, and thoughts from your cloud project into a Word document. The Citavi Assistant will automatically insert and format the citations for you and generate a bibliography in the citation style of your choice.
- Office for Mac 365
- Windows 10 (at least version 1903)
- Office 2019 (at least version 2012, build 13530.20376 respectively 16.0.13530.20376) or Office 365 (at least version 1908)
Install the Citavi Assistant via the Office Add-ins store. Our video shows how.
If you're using a computer through your organization, your IT team may have disabled access to the Office Store. In this case, please contact your IT team and ask them to provide individual access.
|Installation||via Word||via Citavi Setup|
Word for Windows
Word for Mac
|Word for Windows|
Citavi for Windows (Version 6 and later)
|Data source||Cloud projects||
Citavi for DBServer projects
The following features are not yet available in Citavi Assistant:
- Working with Word Online
- Switching between projects; only references from one project can be inserted in a Word document
- Selecting multiple references at once to insert as a multiple citation
- Deleting a reference from a multiple citation.
- Automatic insertion of a period at the end of a footnote
- Refering to the footnote where the reference has been cited for the first time
- Converting in-text citations to footnotes or vice versa
- The Assign Reference feature for adding references from the Word document to the Citavi project if they are missing
- Linking of in-text citations to their bibliography entry
- Saving of all bibliographic information for the cited references in the document as a sort of traveling library
- Grouped bibliographies.
The following feature can't and won't be added to the Citavi Assistant for technical reasons:
- Automatic backup copies of Word files