After starting Microsoft Word you do not see the Citavi tab.
If you see the tab, but it appears greyed out, please try the solutions in this article..
Before checking the points below, make sure that you are working with the latest version of Citavi. In Citavi on the Help menu, click Check for updates. If an update is available, install the update and then check if the Word Add-In appears.
You can also check here to see if a beta version is available that contains a bug fix for the issue you are experiencing.
(from most to least common)
- The Word Add-In was not installed
- Word disabled the Word Add-In
- Upgrade to a later version of Microsoft Office
- The Word document that you opened was selected in Windows Explorer and was appearing in the Windows preview
- Word was still running in the background when you tried to start it
- Word's Trust Center is preventing add-ins from being run
- Antivirus software prevented the Word Add-In from being installed
- You are using Office 2010 Starter (Click-to-Run)
- Two versions of Office are installed on your computer
- Older versions of Office were not uninstalled completely
- The Word Installation is damaged