Citavi Beta 6.3.6 now available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
If you are currently working with Citavi Beta 6.3.4, please uninstall Citavi before installing the new beta version. Otherwise you will not be able to use the improved PDF preview feature .
Download Citavi Beta 6.3.6 (2019-05-14)
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
- In Cloud projects, Quick search is now faster. To make this possible, the parallel search in full-text PDF articles has been removed. If you want to search your PDF files, use the search shortcut "ft:" or the Advanced search.
- Due to an update of Citavi's PDF component, the PDF preview was too slow in Citavi Beta 6.3.4. We've now returned to the previous version of the PDF component.
- The .changemap file which is used for backups (see manual) is now saved in %localappdata%\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\Temp instead of %localappdata%\Temp\Swiss Academic Software. This keeps the backup copy from being accidentally deleted by CCleaner, TuneUp, and other similar tools.
The new Picker for Firefox and Chrome is now available for beta testing.
To use the new Picker, you will first need to install Citavi Beta 6.3.6. The Picker will be installed along with Citavi in the Citavi 6.4 release version.
If you are using Chrome, you don't need to do anything. The new Picker will be automatically installed.
If you are using Firefox, install Citavi 6.3.6 and then do the following:
- Enter about:addons in the Firefox address bar.
- Next to Citavi Picker click Disable.
- Click here to load the beta version of the Citavi Picker.
- Click Allow, and then click Add.
- Open any webpage.
- In the upper-right corner of Firefox, click the Picker symbol.
- Log in to your Citavi Account so that you can also add content to your cloud projects.
- Citavi could not upload a local project to the cloud if it contained a duplicate list entry that was created with Citavi 3 or 4 and that contained a non-breaking space .
- Under certain circumstances, Word would restart if a Word document that was created with the Citavi Word Add-In was closed.
Citation Style Editor
- For multiple citations containing works written by the same author in the same year, author suppression, for example "(Miller 2019a; 2019b)" did not work if the letter had been added as a separate component in the corresponding template.