Citavi Beta 6.3.4 now available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing:
Download Citavi Beta 6.3.4 (2019-04-29)
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
- It's no longer possible to insert images copied to the Clipboard into a text quotation. We've removed this possibility, since large embedded images have prevented projects from being saved in the cloud in the past. If you want to save an image as an quotation, you can use the Image quotation feature.
- When using the filter to display quoted references, Citavi displayed references that were cited in multiple documents, even if the documents were closed.
- If list entries in a Citavi project were edited during an offline session, and if Citavi wasn't closed normally, an error could occur while saving (Foreign Key Exception) during the synchronization of the Changemap file .
- In cloud projects if the connection to the cloud was interrupted, the "Quick search" no longer worked.
- Importing an EndNote database would fail if a reference with the "Personal Communication" reference type had an entry in the "Description" field.
- When customizing the BibTeX export, the fields "Subtitle" and "Title supplement" appeared in gray.
- The chain symbol did not change after an annotation linked to a knowledge item was deleted.
- Full-text articles from ScienceDirect could no longer be found.
- The Setup created an incorrect registry value for the Adobe Picker.
- If the "Save reference information in document" option was disabled, the links between inserted sources and the project were lost when the cited reference was copied into another project.
- If a quotation (Text and citation) was inserted into an existing footnote, the wrong Word style was applied and manual formatting changes to the quotation text were lost.
- If a reference or knowledge item was inserted, the option "Format as follows" was selected by default instead of "Format according to citation style".
Citation Style Editor
- In reference number citation styles in multiple citations, if multiple numbers were summarized in one, the open parenthessis was no longer displayed.
Citavi for DBServer
- Under certain circumstances on an SQL Server, existing SQL logins did not appear in the selection window when adding users.
- Newly added DBServer projects with names beginning with "Sys" were not displayed in DBServer Manager.