Citavi Beta 6.3.18 Now Available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
Download Citavi Beta 6.3.18 (2020-02-11)
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
- This beta version can be used with Windows 7 (which was not the case for the previous version Citavi Beta 6.3.17). Please also see the list of changes for Citavi Beta 6.3.17.
The Picker Family
If you were previously working with Citavi Beta 6.3.4, 6.3.6, 6.3.15 or 6.3.17, you can skip this section.
The new Picker for Firefox and Chrome is now available for beta testing.
To use the new Picker, you will first need to install Citavi Beta 6.3.18. The Picker will be installed along with Citavi in the Citavi 6.4 release version.
If you are using Chrome, you don't need to do anything. The new Picker will be automatically installed.
If you are using Firefox, install Citavi 6.3.17 and then do the following:
- Enter about:addons in the Firefox address bar.
- Next to Citavi Picker click Disable.
- Click here to load the beta version of the Citavi Picker.
- Click Allow, and then click Add.
- Open any webpage.
- In the upper-right corner of Firefox, click the Picker symbol.
- Log in to your Citavi Account so that you can also add content to your cloud projects.
- Formatting in knowledge items (bold, italic, lists) was not displayed on the "Quotations & comments" tab.