Citavi Beta 6.3.11 now available
A new Citavi 6 beta version is now available for testing.
Download Citavi Beta 6.3.11 (2019-09-24)
What is a beta version?
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
Who should install beta versions?
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
How can you share feedback while trying out the beta?
Contact us at email@example.com or create a new post in our forum.
What happens to your projects and Word documents?
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
How do you know when the beta phase ends and an update is available?
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
- In the Citavi Word Add-In you now can create a bibliography for each chapter. If you want, you can create an additional bibliography for the whole document, too. This video shows how.
- In the Citavi Word Add-In you can now add non-breaking spaces to the fields "Page range", "Prefix", and "Suffix". Press Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar to enter the non-breaking spaces.
- The synchronization of categories in cloud projects has been optimized.
- The Quick Search now only searches full-text articles if you place the abbreviation "ft:" before your search terms. As a result, searches in cloud projects are now faster.
- The Citavi recycle bin can now hold up to 250 elements at once as opposed to 50.
- You can now search the "ISSN" field in the "Periodicals" list.
- You can now search the "Notes" field in the "Periodicals" and "Persons and organizations" lists.
The Picker family
If you were previously working with Citavi Beta 6.3.6, you can skip this section.
The new Picker for Firefox and Chrome is now available for beta testing.
To use the new Picker, you will first need to install Citavi Beta 6.3.11. The Picker will be installed along with Citavi in the Citavi 6.4 release version.
If you are using Chrome, you don't need to do anything. The new Picker will be automatically installed.
If you are using Firefox, install Citavi 6.3.11 and then do the following:
- Enter about:addons in the Firefox address bar.
- Next to Citavi Picker click Disable.
- Click here to load the beta version of the Citavi Picker.
- Click Allow, and then click Add.
- Open any webpage.
- In the upper-right corner of Firefox, click the Picker symbol.
- Log in to your Citavi Account so that you can also add content to your cloud projects.
- In the Search and Replace window, if an asterisk was used, two entries would appear in the field searched.
- The search for recently changed knowledge items returned false hits because the "Last modified" date for the reference as a whole was also taken into consideration.
- Category names containing numbers could not be correctly found using the "Go to" search box.
- A project bibliography for a selection of references that was grouped by categories contained either too many or too few categories.
- Scanned PDFs that were compressed sometimes had characters that were replaced with other characters.
- The contents of the fields "Additions", "Affiliation", and "Notes" couldn't be output to the Word Add-In.
- The Word Add-In did not create backup copies of Word documents saved in OneDrive.
The Picker Family
- The Picker for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader set an incorrect value in the Windows registry. On some computers this caused the Picker to only send data to a project if the Adobe feature "Execute In App Container" was disabled.
Citation Style Editor
- "Hanging indent" settings were not applied to the bibliography.
- The option "Allow for word wrapping of long web addresses" led to the URL being shortened incorrectly.
Citavi for DBServer
- Some character strings that were set in the AdminSettings for the DBServerConnectionString were not recognized when Citavi DBServer Manager was started.
- Projects could not be created or imported if the name of the DBServer project contained at least one space.