Update to Citavi 6.1 Now Available
We just released an updated version of Citavi 6 (Citavi 6.1). We encourage you to install this version so you can take full advantage of the bug fixes listed below.
If an update notification does not appear automatically in Citavi, you can download and install the Setup at https://www.citavi.com/download. Your Citavi projects and settings will not be affected by the update, and it's not necessary to uninstall Citavi 6.0 before installing the update.
As always, this is a free update for all version 6 users.
- The MSI Assistant option "Disable sending of usage information" did not work.
- Citation key support was disabled by default when converting a Citavi 5 project, which utilized customized citation keys, to Citavi 6.
- On Citavi's startup, the last active title was not reopened.
- A restart of Citavi was necessary to display a name change of a cloud project in the project window.
- Cloud projects could not be opened under certain proxy configurations.
- Importing an Excel file could lead to red and blue labels not being recognized.
- Importing a BibTeX file resulted in the document type @report containing an error.
- Importing from EndNote was not possible if the author field was empty.
- Citavi crashed when a document selected via File > Import > Formatted bibliography contained too many references.
- Selecting the setting that a local file should be renamed when copying it to a cloud project was ignored after restarting Citavi.
- Attachments for references were sorted by date added, rather than alphanumerically.
- In the dialog for assigning columns from an Excel file to Citavi fields, some fields were displayed twice.
- Copying or moving references between projects multiple times per session led to additional, unwanted references being copied or moved.
- Adding a local PDF file from arXiv.org resulted in a web location being created.
- Researchgate websites produced errors in Citavi's preview.
- LaTeX support: errors when citing.
- Annotated project bibliographies displayed the creator's ID instead of his or her name.
- 4K monitors did not correctly scale the fonts in the the chat, the login, and the background tasks window.
- Online search via the Z39.50 protocol led to field 700, which highlights the role of involved persons, not being recognized. This led to authors of collected works being listed as editors for some catalogs.
- Finding and downloading full texts via ScienceDirect was not possible, despite the presence of valid licenses.
- Credentials for subscription databases from Citavi 5 settings files were not carried over to Citavi 6.
- Settings files published in Citavi could not be imported by the user of the respective site license.
- Under certain circumstances, citations could not be inserted into Word.
- Using the insert advanced option "Author (Year)" resulted in "Text (Year) Author" being output.
- In-text citations for contributions in edited books were sometimes missing the year information.
- The symbol for a link between a newly added quotation and its PDF source only appeared after re-starting Word.
- When saving converted Word documents, Citavi did not suggest the location of the old Word document.
- Following a direct import, the connection to the Word Add-In was interrupted.
- The Word Add-In saved annotations in the citation fields. This increased the size of the Word document and impacted overall performance.
- Inserting a title with the option Author (Year) resulted in the title being displayed as (Year) Author.
- Instead of using the citation key in the defined "title-keyword" format, Citavi used the "author year" format.
- Under certain circumstances, Citavi's Word Add-In did not transmit the year in a citation key to Word.
- Citavi's Word Add-In did not display the year if the citation key used the "Year derived" field and respective references contained related information in a hidden field.
- Using Word's draft view resulted in Citavi generating a new footnote whenever a footnote reference was combined with another to create a multiple citation.
- Adding successive knowledge items resulted in the text of the second knowledge item being placed within the content control of the first item.
- Opening a knowledge item from Citavi's Word Add-In for editing in Citavi, resulted in the assigned category not being displayed in the Word Add-In and required the project to be reloaded.
- The first knowledge item of a reference was only displayed in the Word Add-In if Reload project was selected.
- Using the feature Assign reference for a reference that was no longer present in the project only re-assigned the current reference and ignored the fact that the reference was cited multiple times.
- The bibliography could not be grouped.
- The Adobe Picker could not launch Citavi 6.
- The add-on "Convert a Citavi 6 project to Citavi 5 format" sometimes did not correctly export attached PDF files.
- The add-on "Use PMID to update reference information" caused Citavi to freeze if the search process was canceled.
- Using the add-on "Send Reference by Email" resulted in sent PDF files being labeled with their internal code names, rather than the names displayed in the project.
Citation Style Editor
- Sorting in the APA citation style was not correct for two titles by the same author and from the same year.
- After signing in via Shibboleth, some users were shown their license information in their accounts, yet remained signed out.
Citavi for DBServer
- Under certain circumstances in DBServer projects, it was not possible to assign a task to a team member because the corresponding drop-down menu was empty.
- The ConnectionString stored in a Citavi connection file was not transmitted correctly.
- Despite choosing the standard instance option, the pre-defined instance name "CitaviServer" was incorrectly selected when connecting to the DBServer.