The latest improved version of Citavi is now available for download.
Download Citavi 18.104.22.168 (February 13, 2018)
What you should know about beta versions
There is no such thing as software without errors and that applies to Citavi as well.
As soon as we find and eliminate bugs, we make a new beta version available to our users. While it is generally considered complete, it is still not ready for an official release until it is tested in real-life scenarios.
If the bugs listed below have affected your day-to-day usage of Citavi, we recommend that you install the beta version, as long as you have administrator rights on your computer that let you install software on your own. In an organizational setting this is often not the case.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a new post in our forum.
Nothing at all! When you install a new beta version or update, only the files needed to run the program are changed. Installing beta versions or updates does not affect your Citavi projects, Word documents, or settings.
Once the official update is available, you will see a notification in Citavi on the Welcome Screen.
Citavi also automatically checks for updates every time it is launched, as long as there is an active internet connection. If an update is available, Citavi will offer to download and install it. You will see a notification in the upper-right corner and will need to exit and restart Citavi for changes to take effect. If you were working with a beta version, we recommend installing the update so that you are working with the most current Citavi version.
Here's what's changed:
- Cloud projects could not be opened under certain proxy configurations.
- Importing an Excel file could lead to red and blue lables not being recognized.
- In the dialog for assigning columns from an Excel file to Citavi fields, some fields were displayed twice.
- Copying or moving references between projects multiple times per session led to additional, unwanted references being copied or moved.
- Adding a local PDF file from arXiv.org resulted in a web location being created.
- Researchgate websites produced errors in Citavi's preview.
- LaTeX support: errors when citing.
- Annotated project bibliographies displayed the creator's ID instead of his or her name.
- 4K monitors did not correctly scale the fonts in the the chat, the login, and the background tasks window.
- Under certain circumstances, citations could not be inserted into Word.
- Using the insert advanced option "Author (Year)" resulted in "Text (Year) Author" being ouput.
- In-text citations for contributions in edited books were sometimes missing the year information.
- The symbol for a link between a newly added quotation and its PDF source only appeared after re-starting Word.
- The Adobe Picker could not launch Citavi 6.
- The add-on "Convert a Citavi 6 project to Citavi 5 format" sometimes did not correctly export attached PDF files.
- The add-on "Use PMID to update reference information" caused Citavi to freeze if the search process was halted.
Citation Style Editor
- Sorting in the APA citation style was not correct for two titles by the same author and from the same year.
- After signing in via Shibboleth, some users were shown their license information in their accounts, yet remained signed out.